Citizenship Attorneys in Chicago
Become a U.S. Citizen with Our Support
For many, becoming an American citizen is the final step towards a lifelong goal. However, the immigration process to achieve such a milestone can be overwhelming and confusing. One mistake in your application could lead to a denied case, which could threaten your future in the United States.
The attorneys of Vicario Law Group, LLC. are based in Chicago but have successfully helped clients nationwide navigate the complexities of the U.S. immigration system. We encourage you to seek legal advice before following the pathway to citizenship.
To request a consultation with our Chicago citizenship lawyers, contact us at (312) 698-9066.
How We Can Assist You
The journey to U.S. citizenship is an exciting one. Our attorneys can stand by you and protect your rights during your citizenship process. Vicario Law Group, LLC. has successfully represented clients in naturalization application procedures before U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and has appealed decisions on citizenship applications. You can trust that we will explore all possible ways to assist you in becoming a U.S. citizen.
Our Chicago citizenship attorneys can assist you with:
- N-400, Application for Naturalization
- N-600, Application for Certificate of Citizenship
- N-336, Request for a Hearing on a Decision in Naturalization Proceedings
- N-648, Medical Certification for Disability Exceptions
- Responses to Requests for Evidence (RFE) and Notices of Intent to Deny (NOID)
- Federal lawsuits for delayed or denied applications
How to Become a U.S. Citizen
The United States has a long history of welcoming immigrants from all parts of the world. As an immigrant, deciding to become a U.S. Citizen can be a very important milestone. To be able to enjoy many of the rights and privileges that are so fundamental to U.S. citizenship, individuals must demonstrate a commitment to the unifying principles that binds us as Americans.
To be eligible for U.S. Citizenship the applicant must:
- Be over 18 years old.
- Be a green card holder (lawful permanent resident).
- For at least the last five years, the applicant has resided in the United States.
- For at least the last 30 months, the applicant has physically been present in the United States.
- The applicant must be a person of good moral character.
- Have the ability to understand, have a conversation in, and be able to read from the English language.
- The applicant must show some knowledge and be able to answer simple questions about U.S history and government.
- Be willing and able to take the Oath of Allegiance.
Certain applicants are exempt from one or more of the general requirements for naturalization. Members of the military and spouses of U.S. citizens constitute the main categories of individuals who are exempt from some of the general requirements for naturalization. Since each case is individual, we suggest you contact our experienced Chicago citizenship attorney to learn more about which requirements fits your situation.
After filing the Application for Naturalization you will receive a notice in the mail scheduling you for an interview with a USCIS officer. The applicants that were found qualified for naturalization will now be scheduled for an oath ceremony. Applicants need to take the oath in order to become U.S. citizens.
Choose Vicario Law Group, LLC.
Choosing proper representation for your citizenship application is crucial for the outcome. You can rest assured that our Chicago attorneys can support you in every step of this lengthy process.
We want to be part of this rewarding journey of obtaining your United States passport and calling the U.S. home. Our clients receive outstanding legal representation and advice they can trust.
We offer consultations over the phone and in person, so call us today at (312) 698-9066 and schedule an appointment.
My husband and I are extremely thankful for his services and feel very fortunate to have found him.- Ana M.
Nestor did a fantastic job helping out with my mom’s immigration case!- Laila H.
One can immediately tell when someone is passionate and knowledgeable with what they are doing and that someone is Nestor.- Anubis M.
Very Professional- Joel
Excellent & Reliable Lawyer- Robin & Bo